Tomorrow is the last day of the East Austin Studio Tour, and all the participating studios are open from 11am-6pm. My husband, Mark Hensel, and I are participating in E.A.S.T. for the third time, and we are at stop #121. I love participating in E.A.S.T., meeting Austin art-lovers, and sharing my process with the community. Thanks to all who have stopped by! If you are not going to get to swing by, I will be posting a tour here sometime this week.
East Austin Studio Tour: Boongoo Studio November 12, 2009
The East Austin Studio Tour is starting this Saturday and I am excited. Mark and I are also having three guest artists: Alison Kuo, Aaron Flynn and Beverly Anderson. Come check out our studio and our new work. We are number #125 on the official map.
“Boongoo Studio is the shared studio of Glade Whitworth and Mark P. Hensel. Although the two don’t collaborate, they help each other by sharing their respective skillsets and bouncing ideas off of each other. Whitworth is a fiber artist who designs greeting carts and creates applique wall hangings. She strives to keep her art playful, fun, and festive. Hensel is an artist, writer, and web designer who is interested in the edges of art and technology. He works in many media, including comics, animation, and installation.”
Our studio will be open the next two weekends, Nov. 14th and 15th and Nov. 21st and 22nd. If you are in the Austin area you are welcome to come by!
New Studio! October 15, 2009
Here is a little taste of my new studio. More pictures to follow.
And here is a project I’ve been working on:
And here is a bonus photo:
October Goal Meet-Up October 1, 2009
September was officially moving month, so last month most of my goals were moving-related.
1. Work more with gouache; more holiday card designs and more small paintings. This is a continuing goal.
2. Go through all my stuff to see what I can get rid of. It had to be done.
3. Pack EVERYTHING. This also had to be done.
4. Move everything in to the new place, and get everything put away…by the end of the month (Move in is Sept. 19th by the way). I haven’t got everything put away yet, especially in the studio, but I’ve done a LOT so far. Pictures are on their way.
1. Finish setting up the studio and get pictures posted next 2 weeks.
2. Serious art time. Time to get down to business!
3. Finish a supply of all greeting cards, at least 25 of each card.
4. Get photos of new stuff done and uploaded.
Studio Inspiration! September 15, 2009
I’m still looking forward to moving this weekend, even though I’ve barely started packing. I guess what I’m really looking forward to is decorating the new place. I get to have a fresh start with my studio. Here is some inspiration:
From Apartment Therapy:
New Garage Studio! August 1, 2009
We just found out that we can start using our garage as part of our rent! We will be splitting it with the upstairs neighbor. I just started cleaning it out today. We are planning to use it as another studio! It’s not so glamorous right now, but hopefully it will be before too long.