oOOooh OctOpus Card January 7, 2010
I am feeling productive so far this year. My New Year’s resolution to design one card each week is coming along swimmingly. My second card is my most popular fabric art design, so I have decided to turn it into a greeting card.
For a chance to win this card, please comment below, and I will be choosing the winner next week when I post my next card design and giveaway. Remember to check back each week, because for every card I design in 2010 I will be doing a giveaway.
Congratulations to #6 Jeska for winning this giveaway!
Congratulations to #10 commenter veebhu for winning last week’s giveaway.
My New Year’s Resolution December 31, 2009
I hope you all have a perfect 10…2010 that is!
2009 is coming to an end, and I am looking toward the future. My goal for 2010 is simple: one new card design per week. If all goes as planned by the end of 2010, I will have 52 new Glademade designs. I will be posting each new card design here, and I will be giving away one card for each new design.
If you would like to win one of these cards, just leave a comment, and I will select one winner at random before the next giveaway.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Update: This giveaway is over, and #10 commenter, veebhu, is the winner. Congratulations!
East Austin Studio Tour: Boongoo Studio November 12, 2009
The East Austin Studio Tour is starting this Saturday and I am excited. Mark and I are also having three guest artists: Alison Kuo, Aaron Flynn and Beverly Anderson. Come check out our studio and our new work. We are number #125 on the official map.
“Boongoo Studio is the shared studio of Glade Whitworth and Mark P. Hensel. Although the two don’t collaborate, they help each other by sharing their respective skillsets and bouncing ideas off of each other. Whitworth is a fiber artist who designs greeting carts and creates applique wall hangings. She strives to keep her art playful, fun, and festive. Hensel is an artist, writer, and web designer who is interested in the edges of art and technology. He works in many media, including comics, animation, and installation.”
Our studio will be open the next two weekends, Nov. 14th and 15th and Nov. 21st and 22nd. If you are in the Austin area you are welcome to come by!
Happy Halloween (almost) October 21, 2009
I finally got my Halloween card up on my etsy shop! I’m selling it for only $4 since it’s almost Halloween!
October Goal Meet-Up October 1, 2009
September was officially moving month, so last month most of my goals were moving-related.
1. Work more with gouache; more holiday card designs and more small paintings. This is a continuing goal.
2. Go through all my stuff to see what I can get rid of. It had to be done.
3. Pack EVERYTHING. This also had to be done.
4. Move everything in to the new place, and get everything put away…by the end of the month (Move in is Sept. 19th by the way). I haven’t got everything put away yet, especially in the studio, but I’ve done a LOT so far. Pictures are on their way.
1. Finish setting up the studio and get pictures posted next 2 weeks.
2. Serious art time. Time to get down to business!
3. Finish a supply of all greeting cards, at least 25 of each card.
4. Get photos of new stuff done and uploaded.